Faculty cooperations worldwide (non-European)


The faculty has a number of separate faculty agreements with partner universities worldwide. These exist in addition to the worldwide university cooperations, within the framework of which you can also apply as a student of RWTH.

In contrast to university cooperations, only students of the same faculty can apply for faculty cooperations, i.e. the number of applications for one spot is usually smaller. Generally, any student enrolled in a degree program of the faculty can apply.

Recognition of your examination results abroad will be done upon application to the Student Exchange/Erasmus Office after your return. However before your stay abroad you need to confirm with the faculty's student exchange coordinator whether your selected subjects are eligible for credit transfer.

So far, experience has shown that the best time to study abroad is in the first or second semester of the Master's degree program. The reasons are:

  • good academic qualifications after completing the basic subjects in the Bachelor's degree program,
  • more flexibility in the selection of the courses offered in the Master's degree program compared to the Bachelor's degree program,
  • sufficient range of English taught courses in the Master's degree program.

Below you will find a list of current non-European faculty cooperations for which applications are submitted via our faculty.

National Cheng Kung University (Link to the University's website)
National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University (Link to the University's website)
Taiwan Tech (National Taiwan University of Science and Technology) (Link to the University's website)
The Thai-German-Graduate School of Engineering (TGGS) at King Mongkut's University in Bangkok (Link to the University's website)
École Centrale Casablanca (Link to the University's website)