If you are studying abroad, whether you are attending lectures and taking the exams, doing projects or labs, writing student research papers or final theses, you will have to take care of the credit transfer at RWTH University. Below, you find some information on the recognition of study achievements. If you have any questions, please contact the Student Exchange/Erasmus Office.
Applications for recognition of study achievements from abroad must be submitted in written form to the Student Exchange/Erasmus Office of the faculty.
All you need to do is submit an informal document in which you apply for recognition. Please list the subjects that you have taken abroad and would like to be recognized here with the allocation to the modules/module groups of the corresponding courses of study here in Aachen. Please refer to the directives in the download section for information how the allocation is done. Important: Please do not forget to include your address and matriculation number, as well as the date and your signature. The application can be sent by email to email@example.com.
Please submit the Transcript of Records from your host university (copy is sufficient) with your application. If the subjects abroad have not been checked for their suitability to be recognized before, we also need the course description of the subjects from abroad (course content, scope). In general, the English course descriptions of the host universities' websites are sufficient.
Subsequent changes to recognition are not intended and are only possible in exceptional cases upon application to the Examination Board!
To check the possibility of recognition of a study achievement from abroad (either before your semester abroad or when you apply for credit transfer after your semester abroad) we need the following information from you:
- Where and in what period would you like to study/have you studied?
- Which course would you like to take/have you taken at the host university?
- Which scope has the course at the host university (amount of weeks, hours per week, credits)?
- Description of the course content of the host university (in general, the English course descriptions of the host universities' websites are sufficient).
- For which study program (Bachelor or Master/ ETITTI or Business Administration and Engineering: Electrical Power Engineering (M.Sc.); in case of ETITTI which major) at RWTH Aachen should the courses be checked?
- To which module or module group is the course to be assigned?
- For students of Business Administration and Engineering: Electrical Power Engineering (M.Sc.): certificate issued by the Faculty of Business and Economics confirming the suitability of the courses taken abroad (see below).
Information for student of the Master degree program Business Administration and Engineering - Electrical Power Engineering:
The creditability of the business administration and economics courses is checked at the Faculty of Business and Economics. For this, please use the form and send it by email to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In order to be able to sign the Learning Agreement, we need a certificate of the Faculty of Business and Economics confirming the suitability of the courses taken abroad.
The creditability check of the electrical engineering subjects as well as the formal recognition (business administration and economics and electrical engineering subjects) is done by the Student Exchange/Erasmus Office of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology.