Scientifc Awards 2019
On this page you will find a selection of the current scientific prizes and awards of our professors, scientific staff, students or start-ups. Prizes and awards that have been awarded to members of our faculty in recent years can be found one level below.
- Best Paper Award 2018 - The journal publication "Required Measurement Accuracy of Head Dimensions for Modeling the Interaural Time Difference" by Ramona Bomhardt, Isabel C. Patiño Mejía, Andreas Zell und Janina Fels has been awarded the best "Journal of the Audio Engineering Society" Paper 2018 at the AES Convention in Dublin on March 20, 2019.
- Stefan Liebich, Johannes Fabry, Peter Jax and Peter Vary of the Institute of Communication Systems (IKS) were awarded first prize on April 5th and thus received the RWTH Innovation Award 2018.
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) establishes priority program "Auditive Cognition in Interactive Virtual Environments", short "AUDICTIVE". This program is organized and coordinated by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Janina Fels from the Department of Medical Acoustics, other members of the program committee are Prof. Dr. Torsten Kuhlen (RWTH Aachen), Prof. Dr. Steven van de Par (Carl von Ossietzky University), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Alexander Raake (TU Illmenau) and Prof. Dr. Sabine Schlittmeier (RWTH Aachen)
- March 2019: Dr. Stefan Lankes has been appointed to the German Informatics Society (Gesellschaft für Informatik) as a member of the performance committee of the Department of Computer Engineering and the Architecture of Computing Systems (PARS) expert committee.
- Prof. Monti has been appointed a member of the IEEE European Public Policy Committee by the IEEE Global Public Policy Committee. This committee advises the EU Parliament on energy issues and the relevant legal framework.
- Prof. De Doncker won the IEEE PELS Transaction 2nd Best Paper Prize Award together with Shenghui Cui and Nils Soltau.
- Christiane Antweiler reports that Luis Paulino Méndez Badilla, a former IND graduate, has been appointed Rector of Tecnológico de Costa Rica, a state university in Cartago, Costa Rica. Click here for more information.