Skip to Content
Jump to Main Navigation
Skip to Search
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
Scientifc Awards 2015
- Prof. Waser received the honorary doctorate of the University of Silesia in Katowice
- The team of the Institute of Integrated Analog Circuits and RF Systems including Prof. Heinen, Dr. Wunderlich and Stefan Dietrich as well as Sebastian Strache received the Innovation Award of the RWTH Aachen 2014 (2. Place)
- Prof. Leonhardt was elected "Distinguished Lecturer" by the IEEE "Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS)"
- Prof. Vary was appointed a fellow of the EURASIP (European Association for Signal Processing)
- Prof. Waser was appointed RWTH Fellow
- Prof. Leonhardt was awarded for his work as Associate Editor for the journal „IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems“
- Prof. Sauer was appointed a member of „acatech”
- Prof. Bernhard Walke was appointed a Fellow of IEEE
- "19th International Student Conference on Electrical Engineering" POSTER 2015 in Prague: Jens Mecking won the first price in the category "Electronics and Instrumentation" with the poster "Investigating the Thermal Properties of Microspeakers"; Florian Pausch and Lukas Aspöck won the third price in the category “Biomedical Engineering” for the poster "Real-time acoustic scene rendering to investigate auditory and cognitive aspects of hearing impaired subjects"
- Best Paper Award ViPES (Workshop on Virtual Prototyping of Parallel and Embedded Systems) 2015 for Stefan Schürmans/ICE (Prof. Ascheid and Prof. Leupers); Title: "ESL Power Estimation using Virtual Platforms with Black Box Processor Models", Results of the collaboration with Huawei Technologies
- In the context of the "Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium" (PIERS) 2015 in Prague, two theses were awarded: Rasmus Cornelius’ thesis "Analysis of Sampling Grids for Spherical Near-field Antenna Measurements" in the category "Antennas and Microwave Technologies"; Thomas Dallmann’s thesis "On the Connection between Jones Matrix and Sinclair Matrix" in the category "Remote Sensing, Inverse Problems, Imaging, Radar& Sensing"
- Sören Weyer, Christian Kleeberg, Prof. Steffen Leonhardt and Dr. Daniel Teichmann received the Best Postser Award in the context of the „International Workshop on Impedance Spectroscopy“
- Dr. Tobias Wartzek receives the Award for patient-securtiy in medical engineering 2015 from the DGBMT (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Biomedizinische Technik)
- Gholamreza Alirezaei, Michael Reyer and Prof. Mathar were awarded with the ITG Award 2015 for the project "Optimum Power Allocation in Sensor Networks for Passive Radar Applications"
- Gholamreza Alirezaei receives the Friedrich-Wilhelm-Preis
- Dr. Mathias Wien was appointed RWTH Lecturer
- European Satellite Navigation Competition: 2. Place for the Institute for Man-Machine Interaction
- The Institute of Man-Machine Interaction receives the “Certificate for Excellent Paper” in the context of the “5th International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation (ICCMS 2014)” for the project “Distributed Information Processing and Rendering for 3D Simulation Applications”
- The Institute of Man-Machine Interaction receives the Best-Paper-Award in the context of the “2015 International Conference on Advanced Robotics and Intelligent Systems (ARIS 2015)” for the project “Supporting in Physics-based eRobotics-Testbeds the Pervasive Employment of Intelligent Robot Manipulators”
- The Institute of Man-Machine Interaction receives the Best-Paper-Award in the context of the “2014 IEEE International Symposium on Robotics and Manufacturing Automation (ROMA2014)” for the project “Combining Realistic Virtual Environments with Real-Time Sensor Simulation for Close-to-Reality Testing and Development of eRobotics Applications”
- Niels Ole Salschneider was awarded with the Ernst-Blikle‐Award for his Master Thesis „Cache Aware Mapping of KPN Applications to Hetergeneous and Embedded Systems“
- Jens Meckung received the first price in the context of the “19th International Student Conference on Electrical Engineering” for his poster; Lukas Aspöck and Florian Pausch won the third price
- Markus Müller-Trapet received an award from the Robert Bradford Newmann Fund as well as a price from the Journal of Acustical Society of America for the best publication
- Rob Opdam: AAC San Francisco 2015 - "i-INCE"
- "Embedded Award" for the Spinoff Silexica in the context of the Embedded-World-Fair in Nürnberg
- German Accelerator Award for the Spinoff Silexica
- Miguel Aguilar is awarded with a gold medal in the context of the ACM Student Research Competition (SRC) of the PACT-conference in San Francisco
- Nurhan Rizqy Averous, Marco Stieneker, Stefan Kock, Cristian Andrei, Alexander Helmedag, Rik W. De Doncker, Kay Hameyer, Georg Jacobs und Antonello Monti receive the Best Paper Award in the context of the PEDG2015 for the paper „Development of a 4 MW Full-Size Wind-Turbine Test Bench“
- Marius Sieberichs und Jens Priebe are awarded with the Springorum-Denkmünz
- E. Kaigom, and J. Roßmann: “Supporting in Physics-based eRobotics-Testbeds the Pervasive Employment of Intelligent Robot Manipulators”. In: ARIS-International Conference on Advanced Robotics and Intelligent Systems, 2015, Taipei (Best Paper Award)
- Malte Rast is awarded with the Borchers-Plakette oft he RWTH Aachen for his dissertation “Domänenübergreifende Modellierung und Simulation als Grundlage für Virtuelle Testbeds”
- Best Paper Award for N. Hempe, J. Roßmann: Combining Realistic Virtual Environments with Real-Time Sensor Simulations for Close-to-Reality Testing and Development in eRobotics Applications. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Robotics and Manufacturing Automation (IEEE-ROMA2014), Kuala Lumpur,
- Dr.-Ing. Birgit Schotsch receives the Dr. Wilhelmy-VDE-award
- Dr. Junqi Liu receives the Georg-Hummel-Award 2015 for his dissertation
- Alexander Helmedag receives the Best-Paper-Award in the context of the PEGD (Power electronics for distributed generation systems)
- Abhinav Sadu receives the Best-Paper-Award in the context of the IEEE conference „Smart Energy Grid Engineering“ (SEGE)
- Georges Engelmann: receives the Outstanding presentation Award in the context of the APEC 2015
- Johannes Sieg is awarded with the Otto-Junker-Award for his master thesis „Entwicklung und Erprobung eines durch Routeninformationen gestützten Energiemanagementsystems für Elektrofahrzeuge“
- Melchior Moos recieves the Otto-Junker-Award for his master thesis„Simulation und Visualisierung eines europäischen Elektrizitätsversorgungssystems der Zukunft mit hohen Anteilen Erneuerbarer Energien"
- Christoph Henrik van der Broeck, Johannes Burkard, Kai-Philipp Kairies, Julian Lange, Melchior Moos, Johannes Alfred, Thomas Pütz, Daniel Scharfenstein, Jakob Teichrib are awarded with the Springorum-Denkmünzen