Stephan Schlupkothen, M. Sc.
- +49 241 8028853
- Send Email
Chair for Integrated Signal Processing Systems (ISS)
The algorithm group of Institute for Communication Technologies and Embedded Systems (ICE) / Chair for Integrated Signal Processing Systems (ISS) is looking for an excellent Ph.D. student which is hired and paid as a full-time researcher. In the context of a public funded research project new concepts for digital logistics of autonomous electrical vehicles are studied. Within this project, concepts for highly autonomous driving of shuttle buses are developed. Your research focuses on the application, implementation and optimization of machine learning algorithms on embedded systems.
Applicants should have
- Sound knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Python
- General knowledge of hardware architectures and embedded Systems (e.g. NVidia Jetson, Xilinx Zynq)
- Experience in machine learning, particularly for image/video applications
Moreover, you should be proficient in written and oral English and have a University degree (Master or equivalent) in electrical engineering, computer science or similar fields.
- Knowledge in state-of-the-art deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Knowledge in GPGPU programming, particularly with CUDA
- Digital hardware design using VHDL, Verilog, SystemC or similar
- Participation in research projects.
- Interaction with our research and industry partners
- Participation in project management and event organization
- Assistance in teaching, e.g. lecture exercises, labs, and seminars
What we offer
The successful candidate will be employed as a public servant.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and limited to 2 years. The contract can be extended by at least 1 further year.
The standard weekly hours will be 39,83.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree in this position.
The salary corresponds to level TV-L13.
RWTH Aachen University is certified as a Family-Friendly University.
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University.
The principles of fair and open competition apply and appointments will be made on merit.
|Mailing Address:||RWTH Aachen|
Lehrstuhl für Integrierte Systeme der Signalverarbeitung
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gerd Ascheid
ICT cubes, Kopernikusstr. 16
52074 Aachen - Germany
Please note, however, that communication via unencrypted e-mail poses a threat to confidentiality as it is potentially vulnerable to unauthorized access by third parties.