Tennisanlage Professor-Pirlet-StraßeCopyright: HSZ Walter
RWTH Aachen's Tennisanlage at Professor-Pirlet-Straße has six sand tennis courts. During the summer all authorized individuals can organize their own games seven days a week, including holidays. Members of the University also have the option of booking a court for an individual date or through a subscription. The University Sports Center also uses its own central tennis courts for various courses. The tennis courts are not open in the winter. You can find further information, booking options, and access requirements on our tennis pages.
- +49 241 80 24390
- Send Email
Tennis Court Sports Supervisor
- +49 151 140 425 85
Monday to Sunday,including holidays: 9am to 9pm
Course Cancellations and Facility Closures
Access Requirements for the Tennisanlage Professor-Pirlet-Straße
- In order to use the tennis courts during the tennis games you must purchase the tennis card. Further information and the online booking for tennis card can be found at Tennis Matches.
- In order to subscribe to using the area or book an individual date, you must pay a one time fee. The tennis card is not required to book the area. Further information and booking options can be found on the pages Tennis Court Subscription or Tennis Court - Individual Court Booking.
- Members of the University also have the possibility to request a permit to use the Tennisanlage to hold their own events and tournaments.
Control of Authorization of Use
The Tennisanlage Professor-Pirlet-Straße can only be used by players, who have been authorized by the University Sports Center. We check whether players are authorized to use the courts. Please carry the booking confirmation for the tennis card or reservation together with a valid student or employee ID and a picture ID with you. Please present these items if requested by the sports supervisor.
Overview of Tennisanlage Facts
- Six tennis courts, each 23.77 meters long and 10.97 meters wide, plus safety zones
- Surface: tennis sand
- No floodlights; this means the courts close before 9pm depending on the time of year.
- Completely fenced in
- Changing rooms and sanitary facilities are available in the University Sports Service Center, located about 250 meters away.
- Tennis shoes required!
In order to participate in our tennis offers, you must wear tennis shoes suitable for sand courts with a herringbone or similar profile
Please note that our personnel controls participants to ensure they adhere to the shoe requirement. If you are not wearing appropriate shoes, you may be prohibited from further use. We ask for your understanding.
- Tennis players using the courts as part of the tennis matches or through a court reservation must bring their own balls and racquets.
Area Playability and Sports Facility Closures
If you would like to be informed of last minute facility closures affecting the tennis courts, please join the corresponding mailing list. To learn about last minute closures you can call the sports supervisor at +49 151 140 425 85.
Register Your RWTH BlueCard or Your FH Card
If you have a RWTH BlueCard or FH card that is registered in the HSZ Service Point, you do not need a printed registration confirmation. Using the card's registered barcode, our system immediately recognizes whether you have a valid booking in your name.
Please note: If you have exchanged your card, you must re-register it with the HSZ.